Job Title: Learning Designer (experience in developing technical courses) – Contractor
Commitment: An average of 20- 30 hours per week; July 2022 – February 2022
Rate: $43.00 - $50.00 hourly
Send Resume to: Cynthia Koenig at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create instructionally sound learning and facilitator materials to augment instructor-led presentations following industry best practices.
- Work with the content lead, project manager, and creative lead to achieve alignment on learning design and keep the deliverables within scope for budget and timeline.
- Communicate regularly with content lead on project progress and potential risks.
- Analyze source materials, map content to learning objectives, and identify gaps in source content.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Competencies)
- Excellent writing skills.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and principles.
- Ability to transform complex technical concepts into engaging learning activities that are relevant to the learner.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information in a variety of formats and from a variety of sources.
- Ability to clearly communicate both visually and verbally.
- Ability to operate independently.
- Proficiency in using software (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Keynote).
- Proficiency in using spreadsheet and project communication software (such as Microsoft Excel, Teamwork, or Google Sheets).
- Proficiency in using collaborative documents, such as Google docs.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word reviewing tools.
- Develop technical presentations, facilitator guides, participant guides, and other instructional resources for instructor-led (face to face) training.
- Demonstrate awareness of regulations related to copyright, intellectual property, and corporate and client information security.
- Demonstrate planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Follow brand and departmental style guides and standards.
- Value quality and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate dedication and accountability.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education, or a related discipline