Company: National Life Group
Learning & Development Advisor – Knowledge Management Technical Writer
Responsible for the creation, maintenance and oversight of high-quality knowledge base content for technical and non-technical audiences. You will work closely with our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create knowledge articles for our operation’s knowledge repository.
- Independently research, write, and publish standard operating procedures, including policies, procedures, process maps, and other supporting documents that are used by a wide audience with varying skill levels.
- Curate and maintain the online knowledge repository.
- Assess organizational documentation gaps by conducting analysis to identify gaps between existing documentation and user’s needs and develop content in response to assessment.
- Collaborate with company “subject matter experts” to ensure content integrity, accuracy, consistency and mirroring with training programs, both internal and external.
- Assist in creating documentation to support training initiatives, including procedures and reference and user guides.
- Conduct ongoing content reviews to ensure knowledge base and support tools are accurate, effective and meet users’ needs.
- Proactively manage prioritized project plan, schedule, deliverable tracking, and status.
- Interview subject matter experts to translate basic to complex policy, procedure and system documents, which may include talking points/scripting to be used both on the job and in training.
- Identify opportunities and recommend improvements to internal processes and procedures.
- Establish and maintain documentation standards, processes, templates, and publication architecture.
- Establish metrics and reporting to communicate value of knowledge solution and resulting usage to leadership team.
- Maintain partnerships with stakeholders to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, accurate and effective documentation that meets the business units’ needs.
- Assists with Line of Business communication needs.
- Stay current on knowledge management trends, methodologies, and measurement processes to ensure effectiveness.
- Practice excellent interpersonal skills to be able to relate to different levels of the organization and work effectively with vendors, act as a liaison between the business and IT.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or 5 years of specific job-related experience may be substituted
- 5+ years’ experience within Financial Services Industry – preferably Annuity or Life Insurance
- Minimum of three years of experience as a technical writer/curriculum developer
- Proven experience with one or more Standard Business Writing Methodologies (i.e., Information Mapping)
- Demonstrated writing, editing and document production skills (has intermediate business writing methodology skills, preferably information mapping)
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and ideas, both verbally and in written form clearly and accurately
- Expertise in MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Visio, and Information Mapping
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to deal effectively with individuals from different cultures, along with professional maturity and confidence in communicating results with peers and various levels of management
- Must possess the analytical skills to create meaningful and effective documentation
- Aptitude to learn new processes quickly and the ability to present content in a simplified manner
- Must possess excellent technical product operational, systems, and application knowledge
- Possess organizational skills to multi-task, meet deadlines and be able to work independently
- Possess a strong desire to learn new technologies, the curiosity to figure out how things work, and a passion for improving the user experience
- Prioritize about the customer experience, never settle for good enough, and continually inspire others to advocate on behalf of the customer
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to pass a background check
Samples of work will be required
National Life Group® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, Montpelier, Vermont and its affiliates.
Resumes may be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org