Workshop: So You Want to be a Great Leader ... Don't We All?
Presenters: Mary Anne (Wihbey) Davis and Roy Davis
When: November 9, 2017 8:30am - 4:30pm CT
Location: Dallas Baptist University North (DBUN)
2805 Dallas Parkway, Suite 450
Plano, TX 75093
Coffee, water and a continental breakfast will be available during registration.
Sandwiches will be provided to accommodate a working lunch.
Early Bird Registration:
Sign up by October 30th and receive: A copy of Patrick Lencioni’s New book, The Ideal Team Player and $50 off your registration.
Members Early- $345
Members Regular- $395
Non-Members Early - $445
Non-Members Regular - $495
In an organizations quest to increase employee engagement, studies consistently reveal that one of the main reasons people leave an organization is due to a bad manager. In today’s competitive environment, where you seek to find and keep the best talent, you can’t afford the chance of losing a high performer because they don’t feel valued, heard or appreciated. Yet it happens every day.
Managers, supervisors and even prospective managers will be able to increase their leadership influence by knowing how to coach team members to achieve peak performance, increase retention and create a unique culture where people are engaged, collaborative and love their work.
In this one day session, attendees will learn:
- Their own natural approach to managing
- The management tasks that give them energy or may cause them stress.
- Practical, personalized strategies for directing an delegating in a way that inspires performance.
- A two-step process to uncover the behavioral style of each team member.
- Insights as to how to tap into what motivates each individual and more importantly what demotivates them.
- How to adapt the coaching approach to situations and styles.
- To work more effectively with their own manager.
- The value of hiring tough so they can manage easy.
- A six step proven model for coaching and giving tough feedback.
- To manage to expectations so not to burn out the “superstars”.
BONUS: A Participant Workbook, A personalized Everything DiSC detailed Management assessment, Classic reading including Monday Morning Leadership by David Cottrell and more.
About the Speaker
Since 1994, Mary Anne (Wihbey) Davis and her husband Roy, have been helping companies maintain their competitive edge by enhancing communications at all levels in the workplace and customer interactions. They have been contributors to their local ATD for numerous years and both have held board positions. Their clients include, AmerisourceBergen, Trinity Industries, Viachem LTD and many other private and public entities. Don’t miss this great interactive workshop where you be fully immersed in a day of knowledge and participation that will take your management skills to a new level.