ATD Dallas February Chapter Meeting
Hosted by Thomson Reuters
Learn the Secrets and Skills to Authentically Network within Your Company
Tuesday, February 20, 2024 / 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Speaker: Rachel B. Simon
Are you a rockstar at networking? What about internally where you work? Do you get intimated when in a situation with people you don’t know? Are you an introvert that isn’t good at connecting with others very easily? Then this chapter meeting topic is for you!
Come learn why networking is important and how to leverage opportunities to build connections. The speaker will share a number of tips that are detailed in her recently released book, “Relationships at Work: How to Authentically Network within Your Company.” With her valuable tips and examples in hand, you will be able to unlock the power of networking and gain the confidence and skills to do so successfully.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Rachel B. Simon is an executive at AT&T, one of the world’s largest companies and most recognizable brands. She began as a college hire from the University of Texas and have served in key roles in Privacy, Finance, and Customer Care for almost three decades. Along the way, she became a co-founder of the AT&T
Women of Finance and the founder of DINE!, which facilitates small group discussions centered around DEI.
She is grateful for the fulfilling connections, meaningful work, and mentoring opportunities – both individually and through mentoring circles. She is a known and trusted speaker within AT&T (and now beyond), to help others see their own potential through a new lens of authentic relationships via networking. Over the last nine years she has given speeches on how to network within a big company like AT&T. Her teachings are extremely popular because they demystify networking and provide simple, yet effective, strategies that work!
Rachel lives in Dallas with her husband Jason of 23 years, and they are the proud parents to two young adults, Abigail and Ethan.
ABOUT THE BOOK
- In her book, Relationships at Work: How to Authentically Network within Your Company, author Rachel B. Simon shares her proven approach to demystify the art of networking.
- She offers her unique perspective with 20 simple, yet often overlooked, tips to organically build relationships across departments and chains of command.
- The book is packed with over 200 examples, in which she outlines practical, tactical guidance for planting and nurturing the seeds of a reciprocal network, and enjoying the blossoms of success.
- This book is for everyone who seeks broader and deeper relationships with their colleagues. It's designed with a comprehensive list of strategies to form human connections and create a meaningful impact in the workplace.
- Books will be available for purchase after the meeting. 100% of the profits from the hard copy for the first year will go to the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas.
5:30 pm – Registration Open & New Member Orientation
5:35 pm – Networking Time & Refreshments Available
6:00 pm – Welcome & Announcements
6:15 pm – Program Begins
7:15 pm – Wrap-up / Q&A
7:30 pm – Meeting Concludes
2395 Midway Rd. #240
Carrollton, TX 75006
Click here for the map!
PARKING / ENTRY INFORMATION
- Please park on the south side of the building in the huge parking lot and use the south entrance to access the building.
- Do not use the small visitor lot or entrance in the front of the building that faces Midway to the east.
- Member registration: Free!
- Non-Member Guest registration: $25
Let others know of your plans and invite them to join you!
Comment on our post or repost it!
Tweet about it!
NOT ABLE TO ATTEND AS PLANNED?
Please cancel your registration by contacting email@example.com
Contact 972-233-9107 ext. 224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ATD Dallas is authorized to offer continuing education for APTD and CPTD applicants and credential holders. Earn your recertification points by attending our events and programs!