Celebrating Our Members
Happy Member Appreciation Month to our incredibly talented and hardworking members! March is designated as Member Appreciation Month – both for National ATD and the local chapters. THANK YOU for being a member of ATD Dallas and for contributing to our thriving community of learning and talent development professionals in the DFW Metroplex and beyond!
Looking Back – ASTD/ATD…What’s That?
Do you remember when you became aware of this international organization that supported our profession of training and development?
A prior boss introduced me to the ASTD back in 2011. I had no idea of the resources and network that was available through this professional organization. I was even more surprised to find out there was a local chapter in Dallas!
As part of Member Appreciation Month, the current Board of Directors has been reaching out via phone to CONNECT with our members. While we have left a TON of voicemails, we have been lucky to chat with a number of you! Thanks for picking up your phone when a random number was calling! In one of my conversations, we shared our stories about how we found out about ATD and became a member. We laughed because I think most of us have a similar story…that a boss or prior colleague introduced us to the organization!
Our Awesome Community & Chapter Resources
It feels so GOOD to be part of a vibrant community of over 325 talent development professionals in Dallas who are changing their organizations for good. At ATD Dallas, we believe that talent isn't just our business, it's who we A.R.E.! Our chapter strives to offer our members, Access, Recognition, and Expertise.
Here are few of the ways that our members can impact their professional development because of their membership:
- Connect with other professionals who are pushing talent development boundaries at our community-wide events and happy hours. We are able to offer most of these events FREE to our members. ACCESS is great, but FREE is even better!
- Grow your EXPERTISE at a monthly chapter meeting or by attending a professional development event focused on your interests, in-person or online. For 2023, chapter events are being held in-person while our Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are being conducted virtually via Zoom.
- Create a development pathway in your FREE Degreed account. We have made some recent updates in the platform. Learn how to maximize Degreed as a tool for your personal and professional learning!
- Share your EXPERTISE with our community as a speaker or your TALENTS as a volunteer for the chapter. Or share your space - we are looking for corporate locations to host our chapter meetings!
- Attend our Signature Events to gain ACCESS to industry thought leaders. Don't miss our annual regional conference, Southwest Learning Summit. And get RECOGNIZED for your great work in talent development by submitting a proposal to receive an AXIS Award!
This is a wonderful time to remind you to RENEW! We would hate for your membership to lapse and for you to miss out on some of the events that lie ahead!
If you have other members on your team that want to become a member of ATD Dallas, consider a Corporate Membership! The savings are great based on this formula…($90 x 4) + 1 Free! So instead of $500 for 5 team members, it would be only $360! (The “5th free” provision holds true for all multiples of 4 registered.) Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this rate.
Are you a member only at the local level? Consider joining ATD National and becoming a Power Member. You can benefit from TWICE the support, resources, and networking. Learn more online or through this brochure. Take advantage of the Membership Sale starting Monday, March 20 at www.td.org to save!
Stay Connected with Our Chapter
As a member of ATD Dallas, you are part of a movement to make Dallas the talent development capital of the world. We can't do it without you! Be sure to follow us on social media to stay CONNECTED and in the know -- LinkedIn (@ATD Dallas), Twitter (@ATDDallas), Instagram (ATD_Dallas), or Facebook (@ATDDallas)!
If you haven’t taken advantage of all your membership has to offer, then it's time to plug in! If you have questions about ATD Dallas, please reach out to any member of the Board. We would love to hear from you!