This workshop has been canceled.
Presenter: Monica Cornetti
When: July 19th, 2018 9:00am - 4:00pm CT
Location: Dallas Baptist University North (DBUN)
2805 Dallas Parkway, Suite 450
Plano, TX 75093
Light Breakfast and boxed lunch will be provided
Members Regular- $247
Non-Members Regular - $297
CPLP Recertification Credit
CPLPs earn one recertification point/credit for each physical hour of continuing education within one’s current role/job or involving a new experience or content. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any required paperwork.Visit the CPLP webpage for complete information.
Six recertification hours for this workshop.
HRCI and SHRM Recertification Credit
This program is eligible for self-certification for HRCI and SHRM recertification credits. You will need to keep records of the event and prepare any required paperwork. Visit the HRCI recertification webpage or the SHRM recertification webpage for more information.
Spend a day learning from the #1 rated Gamification Guru Monica Cornetti and become a better, higher-rated, and considerably more effective trainer, teacher, instructional designer, or human resource professional!
This program is like no conference or workshop you’ve attended. The Sententia Gamification LIVE Certification is a complete immersion experience designed to leave you creatively inspired and technically masterful.
Be prepared to come and PLAY FULL OUT for the entire day to dramatically improve your learning and development results and significantly increase your credibility and influence and a professional.
Simply defined, gamification uses game mechanics and rewards for non-game applications in order to increase engagement, transfer knowledge, and create loyalty. Gamification is about motivational design, and is the process of using game mechanics and game thinking in non-gaming contexts to engage users and to solve problems.
Gamification is founded in the fundamentals of human psychology and behavioral science, and rests on three primary factors: motivation, ability level, and triggers.
Gamification is not about simply rewarding points and badges, but rather understanding and influencing the human behaviors which companies want to encourage among their employees and customers. Gamification includes a robust set of game mechanics including chance, competition, collaboration, knowledge sharing, badges, points, leaderboards, status, achievement, exploration, teamwork, and so much more.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand how key concepts found in behavioral psychology and game design can increase learning and engagement.
- Have a five-part process for gamifying a learning program.
- Demonstrate a return on investment for your gamified learning program.
Takeaways for Participants
1. Game the System™ “game board” of the 30 necessary steps for creating successfully gamified learning programs
2. All handouts and ancillary tools
3. Sententia Level 1 Apprentice Certificate for attending the seminar and one upon completion of a case study for framing for each registrant (will occur after completion of the certification program and analysis and feedback of a case study under the supervision of Monica Cornetti)
4. Sententia Level 1 Apprentice digital badges with metadata about the program and work completed for certification for employers, recruiters, and potential clients
5. Provide HRCI, SHRM and ATD recertification credit documentation for each registrant
About the Speaker
Featured on the cover of Bloomberg Businessweek, Monica works with individuals and organizations who want to learn how to think differently to achieve uncommon results. A gamification speaker and designer, Monica was rated #1 among the “Gamification Gurus Power 100” by RISE in 2015 and 2016, and in 2016 was also recognized as a Top 3 Finalist in the “Gamification Guru of the Year Award” by the World Gamification Congress held in Barcelona, Spain.
Monica is the Founder and CEO of the Sententia Gamification Consortium and the author of the book Totally Awesome Training Activity Guide: Put Gamification to Work for You. Monica is hired for her skill as a gamification speaker and is considered at the top of her field in gamification design for corporate learning.
She is a graduate of Seton Hill with a BA in psychology, and The University of Houston-Victoria where she earned a Masters Degree in Economic Development and Entrepreneurship, voted by Forbes Small Business as one of the top 5 programs for entrepreneurial education in the country.