ATD Dallas February Career Development SIG
Hosted by Laurie Barnett
February 27, 2023 / 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Facilitator: Rance Greene
You’re at a networking event and someone asks, “What do you do?” What’s your first response? You’re in an interview and the interviewer says, “Tell us about yourself.” What’s your go-to answer? In this session, you’ll actively discover how to tell your story and give your listening audience a reason to keep listening. Be prepared to share your ideas and insights in breakout groups and in the main room.
In the breakout rooms and in the main room, you’ll discover how to:
- Meet your listening audience where they are
- Convey relatable characters and strong conflict in your story
- Tell the most important story
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Rance Greene formed needastory.com and the School of Story Design (schoolofstorydesign.com) for those who struggle with storytelling at work. His methodology—Story Design—gives leaders and talent development professionals a systematic and creative way for discovering who their audience is and how to persuade them to take action on new ideas. He helps leadership teams, entrepreneurs and instructional designers discover that they are uniquely equipped to tell the best story for their audiences.
Rance is the author of Instructional Story Design, a practical guide for developing stories that train. He coaches, teaches, speaks and writes often on the benefits of stories to connect people to one another.
School link: www.schoolofstorydesign.com
Book link: https://amzn.to/2up6VLY
Link to blog posts: https://www.schoolofstorydesign.com/blog
When: February 27, 2023 6:30 - 8PM
6:20 pm – Zoom opens
6:30 pm – Welcome & Announcements
6:45 pm – Program Begins
8:00 pm – Meeting Concludes
1. Use the Zoom app on your mobile phone, connected to a 4G network for the best possible experience. Or use a computer or tablet connected to WiFi, making sure you have a stable connection with good bandwidth for a streaming video/audio connection.
2. If you plan to use a computer for the video AND a phone for the audio, make sure you mute the audio features on one of your devices to avoid disruptive audio feedback/noise.
3. Come prepared to join in the discussion!
Come and network with your fellow ATD members and colleagues. We look forward to being together (in a remote way!)
Questions? Contact 972-233-9107 ext. 224 or email email@example.com.
*Note Regarding Special Interest Groups
- All members of ATD Dallas are welcome to attend our Special Interest Groups at any time.
- All non-members are welcome to join us for up to 2 SIG sessions. After those 2 sessions, to provide ongoing chapter support to the SIG, you will need to join ATD Dallas by paying annual dues.