Hosted by Leslie Lingle & Laurie Barnett
May 5, 2023 / 12:00 – 1:30 pm
Facilitator: Dr. Lisa Bevington
Today’s L&D learning professionals are getting more opportunities to make an impact in their organizations, according to a recent study conducted by LinkedIn. By leveraging what we are learning in neuroscience, we will be better positioned to seize those opportunities to truly optimize performance, improve productivity, and affect the bottom line of the organizations we serve.
In this training, we will explore what constitutes brain-friendly learning, challenge some of our current practices, and learn new evidence-based approaches for ensuring that learning experiences have the return stakeholders long for.
- Participants will learn the fundamental building blocks for creating brain-friendly training that truly engages learners.
- Participants will find reasons to start new learning practices based on what we are learning in neuroscience to best serve their clients or organization.
- Participants will have objective evidence to support what they do in terms of changing behaviors, increasing knowledge and improving skills.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Lisa Bevington, Psy.D.
Lisa is the Director of Learning & Organizational Change at Trinity Industries. She has led and brought her expertise to many strategic initiatives and transformational changes since she began there nearly six years ago. Some of the more recent initiatives to highlight have been the implementation of a leadership training certification program, the rollout of the organization’s DE&I strategy, and a number of targeted development programs.
Over the past eight years, Lisa has focused on the application of neuroscience and psychology to better inform learning design and delivery as well as to improve organizational change outcomes. Her expertise in these areas means she is regularly sought out for training and speaking engagements. Recent engagements have included a McKinsey discussion panel, participation in a HBR Roundtable, and training for other ATD Chapters.
When: May 5, 2023 12:00 - 1:30PM
Questions? Contact 972-233-9107 ext. 224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note Regarding Special Interest Groups
- All members of ATD Dallas are welcome to attend our Special Interest Groups at any time.
- All non-members are welcome to join us for up to 2 SIG sessions. After those 2 sessions, to provide ongoing chapter support to the SIG, you will need to join ATD Dallas by paying annual dues.