ATD Dallas August L&D SIG
Hosted by Leslie Lingle & Laurie Barnett
August 4, 2023 / 12:00-1:30 pm
Facilitator: Ken Phillips
Level 1 evaluations are a staple of the L&D industry. According to a recent ATD research study, 83% of organizations evaluate their learning programs at Level 1. However, only 35% of these organizations view the Level 1 data they collect as having high or very high value.
There is now a revolutionary new way to increase the value of Level 1 evaluation data. It involves including predictive questions, which can forecast the results a learning program is likely to achieve. They begin to answer the question that business executives and L&D professionals want answered: "Is this program delivering value?" While the data collected from predictive questions don't prove that specific program outcomes are inevitable, they forecast that certain results are likely.
A familiar analogy is the local weather service predicting the upcoming weather. As we can all attest, those predictions aren't always correct. Still, they are correct often enough that we consider weather forecasts credible. The same is true in learning. Data you collect from Level 1 predictive questions may not always be accurate. Still, it will be accurate often enough to be considered credible.
After attending this session, you will be able to:
- Use facts from a recent ATD research study to benchmark your organization’s use of Level 1 evaluations.
- Create predictive questions to include in a Level 1 evaluation that will enable you to forecast Level 2 participant learning, Level 3 training transfer, and Level 4 improved business results.
- Calculate three predictive metrics: a learning gain score, a training transfer likelihood score, and an improved business results likelihood score.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Ken Phillips is the founder and CEO of Phillips Associates and the creator of the Predictive Learning Analytics™ evaluation methodology. He is also a measurement and evaluation master, having spoken—and getting rave reviews—at the ATD International Conference on measuring and evaluating learning issues every year since 2008. He also has presented at the Annual Training Conference and Expo every year since 2013 on similar topics.
Ken has pooled his measurement and evaluation knowledge and experience into a series of presentations explicitly designed for L&D professionals. The presentations are highly engaging, practical, and filled with relevant content most L&D professionals haven’t previously heard. In short, they are not a rehash of traditional measurement and evaluation theory—but fresh ideas and solutions.
When: August 4, 2023 12:00 - 1:30PM
Questions? Contact 972-233-9107 ext. 224 or email email@example.com.
*Note Regarding Special Interest Groups
- All members of ATD Dallas are welcome to attend our Special Interest Groups at any time.
- All non-members are welcome to join us for up to 2 SIG sessions. After those 2 sessions, to provide ongoing chapter support to the SIG, you will need to join ATD Dallas by paying annual dues.