Company: City of Garland
After an initial training period, this position will offer a hybrid work or flexible schedule.
Serve as the citywide champion of learning, development, engagement and change initiatives reflective of current and future organizational needs. Responsible for working with City stakeholders and partners to identify, develop, and implement strategies for attracting and retaining an engaged and diverse workforce.
$70,000 - $90,000/year, +/- depending on qualifications and experience.
Why Team Garland?
Have you been searching for a career that positively impacts the community? Do you want to join an organization that offers growth opportunities? If the answer is “Yes,” then apply today!
The City of Garland has a culture of appreciation, development, and growth!
Garland offers professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, a generous pension plan, and a robust benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life insurance. To ensure a healthy work-life balance, Garland offers vacation leave, paid holidays, sick leave, and more! The City Care Clinic provides high-quality family healthcare services to employees and their dependents enrolled in medical benefits at no cost! Garland hosts an annual employee appreciation event and offers an Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program.
If you are ready to serve your community and join an organization that truly values its employees, apply today!
Essential Job Functions
· Build relationships with education and development partners in support of learning initiatives
· Identify leadership and other core programs to improve business acumen and supervisory skill sets
· Develop, deliver and evaluate learning programs and job aides via instructor-led or on-line platforms
· Serve as the primary work stream lead for the city’s learning, performance and talent platform (Workday), ensuring that content is maintained and relevant
· Develop and guide organization-wide initiatives in the areas of succession planning and talent review.
· Provide MBTI or similar assessments focused on leadership development, team building, etc.
· Identify coaching partnerships and support for newly promoted leaders or other high potential employees
· Establish citywide framework in support of mentoring, apprenticeship, internship and volunteer initiatives
· Develop key performance indicators related to organizational culture through employee surveys, focus groups or other forums
· Guide employee programs and events focused on engagement, recognition and workplace culture
· Assess and monitor the organizations readiness for change, identifying risks and interventions in support of current and future initiatives.
· Build ambassadorship across the organization through departmental and topical SMEs.
· Develop targeted campaigns and communications to engage employees through resource groups, activities, etc.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, organizational development, change management, human resource management, or related business discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning, development and change management methodologies
- 2 or more years of managerial experience
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and other design tools
Or equivalent professional experience may be considered for substitution for the required degree on an exception basis
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
· Master’s degree in business administration, organizational development, change management, human resource management, or related business discipline
· Formal education or certification in learning and development, change management, organizational development or related methodologies
· 5 or more years of managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Ability to leverage prior experience and adapt quickly to the changing work environment
· Excellent facilitation, writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Demonstrated competence in organizational change, strategies, analysis and professional relationship building
· Dynamic skills in public speaking and ability to effectively present and be seen as a credible partner to key stakeholders
· Proven project management skills with the ability to deliver results on-time and on-budget with minimal supervision
· Ability to build and leverage relationships at all levels of the organization
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License
Ability to attain Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP), Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) or similar credential within 24 months of hire
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards.
To apply: https://external-garland.icims.com/jobs/9051/manager-of-learning%2c-development-%26-engagement/job?mobile=false&width=678&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300